Banana bread is a delicious treat to add to your daily routine as a breakfast choice, mid-day snack or dessert! This recipe uses ripe bananas, which are a high source of fiber, potassium and antioxidants. The addition of dark chocolate chips not only gives the bread a delicious natural sweetness, but also provides you with a boost of magnesium and iron. When you add Renewed Health’s collagen, you are increasing the intake of essential vitamins and minerals, as well as protein. Additionally, because Renewed Health uses grass-finished bovine as the collagen source, you can guarantee you are giving your recipe a high quality source of protein. Overall, banana bread is a wonderful combination of nutrition and delicious flavor that will have you making this recipe time and time again!
- 4 large ripe bananas mashed (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of melted and cooled grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 scoop of Renewed Health’s collagen
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of sea salt
Optional toppings: 2 tsp of cinnamon and/or dark chocolate chips or nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl and make sure it equals around 1.5 cups. Whisk the eggs, vanilla and cooled butter in until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, baking soda, collagen, sea salt, coconut sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Pour the dry mixture gradually into your mixing bowl with the wet ingredients until combined. If adding chocolate chips or nuts, add them here.
- Place the batter into the pan and sprinkle additional toppings if desired.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread has risen. Turn off the oven and let it sit in the warm oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool, then slice it and enjoy!