These chocolate covered collagen bites are not only delicious and packed with protein, but also simple to make! With five key ingredients, you get a nourishing and energizing snack to enjoy at home or on the go. This is the perfect recipe for those with busy schedules looking to get their collagen throughout the day, while feeling like they are eating a treat!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 scoops of Renewed Health’s Collagen
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a medium sized bowl (start with 3 scoops of collagen. If the filling is too runny, add more gradually until a thick consistency is formed. If too dry, add some more almond butter). Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 tbsp in size (making approx. 12 bites). Place them on a plate or small baking sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for a minimum of 15 minutes to firm.
- While they are freezing, you can get the coating ready. Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Melt on stove top over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the filling has firmed, take them out and roll them individually in the chocolate and set aside on parchment paper.
- Optional - you can choose any topping of your choice to add to the chocolate before it sets. (Ex. Salt, chopped fruit, cream drizzle, etc.)
- Once the chocolate sets, enjoy! Store them in the fridge or freezer.