This delicious fall cookie recipe may have you feeling like you are indulging in a sugary, unhealthy snack - and although it is absolutely delicious - it is a nutritious snack that will leave you feeling better than a sugary sweet, but with the same great taste. This recipe is also simple to make and only contains essential ingredients to achieve a delicious and healthy snack or dessert.
Here are a few more health benefits that come with this recipe: the oats are what make up the majority of the recipe, and for good reason. Oats contain an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants, which are important for healthy digestion, heart health and immunity. The pumpkin purée added is also a great source of fiber, vitamin A and potassium. Maple syrup is the perfect way to naturally sweeten up any dessert or meal without using any processed sugar. It also contains antioxidants, which makes it an equally sweet and healthy option for your recipes. By adding our collagen to your cookies, you are adding protein to your delicious treat in the easiest way. It is also great for joint and gut health.
This recipe is not only delicious and leaves you with the taste of fall, but it is nutritious for your body, which makes it a treat you can feel great about eating!
- 2.5 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of organic pure pumpkin purée
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ½ cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 scoop of Renewed Health’s Collagen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
- Use your hands to create 12 cookie shapes (note: you do not want to roll them into balls because they will not change form after baking).
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or place the cookies directly on the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Storing options: store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze up to 3 months.