This delicious and gut-friendly soup recipe is bound to be one of your new favorites for a cool fall or winter day. With healthy ingredients such as carrots, celery, rosemary, spinach and coconut milk, you are packing in an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats all in one meal. In addition, the ingredients also carry anti-inflammatory compounds, which are very important to include in a healthy diet. The garlic in this recipe also adds immune support to the soup, which is perfect for fighting off those common infections that come around during the fall and winter months. When adding our collagen to the recipe, you are increasing the nutritional value, supporting healthy digestion and adding more protein. Not only will this soup be a crowd pleaser for its delicious flavor, but it will also be a meal you feel proud to serve knowing all of the amazing health benefits it contains!
- 1 lb of organic ground Italian sausage
- 3 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cups of diced carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 1 cup of diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 3 14 oz cans of cannellini beans
- 4 cups of organic chicken broth
- 1 scoop of Renewed Health’s Collagen
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp of dried rosemary
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the ground sausage to a large pot over medium high heat and brown it for about 10 minutes, until it is crumbled and browned.
- Add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery into the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, broth and spices to the pot. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat slightly to bring it to a simmer. Cover and let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes is up, add the collagen to the soup and stir it in well. Cover back up and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and stir in the coconut milk and spinach.
- Serve hot and enjoy!