Spice up your everyday pancake recipe with some delicious fall flavors! These apple chai collagen pancakes are gluten and dairy free, and the perfect breakfast choice for those cozy fall days. The combination of ingredients create the most delicious pancake that will have you going back for seconds… and maybe even thirds! Not only are they delicious, but they are also packed with important nutrients, making this recipe perfect for those wanting something healthier without sacrificing taste.
The gluten free flour supports gut health by providing easier digestion and preventing bloating and discomfort. Conventional flour contains anti-nutrients like phytic acid and oxalates, which prevent your body from absorbing essential minerals. It is also common for conventional flour to be sprayed heavily with pesticides and herbicides. The apples, chai tea, ginger and cinnamon give your breakfast a boost of many essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Each of these can help contribute to healthier digestion and a stronger immune system. By adding our collagen into the recipe, you not only enhance its overall nutritional content but also promote healthy digestion. You will not only feel better about the recipes' ingredients, but it will also be your new favorite way to enjoy pancakes!
- 1 cup of chopped apple
- ½ tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 scoop of Renewed Health’s Collagen
- ¼ tsp of ginger
- ¼ tsp of cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup of chai tea
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Boil water and steep chai tea for 10-15 minutes.
- Add ½ tbsp of coconut oil to a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the chopped apples and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the apples are softened.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir well until combined.
- Stir in the apples.
- Use coconut oil to grease your skillet or pan as needed and use about ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
- Over medium heat, cook pancakes for about 3 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings like maple syrup, extra apples or any other topping of your choice and enjoy!
Tip: if the batter seems too thick you can add more tea or some almond milk.