This delicious crumble is the perfect dessert, offering a combination of great taste and nutrition. It's also a great option for those with gluten and dairy allergies! The berries not only add a natural sweetness throughout the dessert, but they also add a significant nutrient boost with their abundance of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber. This recipe is simple to make and the perfect way to get that collagen boost while enjoying a mouth watering dessert.
For the Filling:
- 3 cups of quartered strawberries
- 3 cups of blueberries
- ¼ cane sugar or favorite non-sugar substitute
- 1 scoop of Renewed Health’s Collagen
For the Crumble Top:
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of tapioca starch
- ¼ cup of sugar or favorite non-sugar substitute
- ¼ cup of chilled coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional topping: dairy free vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare berries by rinsing and slicing them.
- Mix berries, sugar and collagen in a bowl and let it sit for at least five minutes.
- Transfer the berry mixture to a large baking dish or pie pan.
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca starch and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Use the back of a fork to cut the chilled coconut oil into the flour mixture until the texture is gritty.
- Place the crumble topping evenly over the berries in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden and the berries are bubbling.
After allowing the crumble to cool, it can be served warm and with ice cream, if desired.